Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Onion Soup
(Recipe donated by Eyal and Ronit Ron)
3 celery sticks
3 tbs chicken soup bullion (parve)
5 cups of water
5 large onions
3 tbs vegetable oil
3 tbs butter
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbs flour
1 cup kosher red wine
1. Prepare soup from the carrots, salary, chicken soup bullion and water. Let cook while you
perform the other tasks.
2. Cut the onions to cubes and sautee in the oil and butter in a tall pot with lid on. Cook for 15
minutes on medium heat.
3. Remove lid from pot, increase heat, add sugar and salt. Mix, and then cook for additional 20
4. Mix in the flour. Continue mixing for 2 minutes.
5. Pour the cooked vegetable soup (liquid only) into the onion mixture in the pot. Add the cup of
wine. Mix well.
6. Cover pot with the lid and cook for another 30 minutes on low-medium heat. If you can allow
time, cook a little longer (makes the soup taste better).
7. Serve the soup with some shredded cheese.
If you would like to add a little twist, you can also take the vegetables you cooked in the soup,
puree them using a food processor, and then add to the onion soup and cook as directed.