Fruits, grains & veggies/Veggies
Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Green Beans With Garlic
This dish is quick, easy and a great accompaniment to almost any meal. Perfect for potlucks and impromptu gatherings, too. Serves 4 to 6 as a side.
1 tsp. olive (not virgin) oil
1-2 coarsely chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 lb string beans
1 shallot - finely chopped
1. Choose slender, smooth, bright green, somewhat velvety pods of string beans.
2. Wash the beans in a colander.
3. Trim the ends of the beans.
4. Place the beans in a saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add coarsely chopped garlic and shallots and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
6. Drain the beans.
7. Transfer the beans to the frying pan and toss to combine with the garlic.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Add 1 tsp. butter and toss to combine.
10. Serve at once.