Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Tabouleh Salad
20 minutes total – you can chop the veggies while the bulgur is soaking. And if you want it with falafels, they can warm up in the oven while you’re making the salad. Result!
A fresh & tangy Middle-Eastern salad that is particularly good with falafels or veggie kebabs. It’s even more delicious if made a few hours beforehand and allowed to marinate in the fridge.
175g/6oz/1½ cups Bulgur wheat
325ml/11fl oz/1⅓ cups boiling water
5ml/1 tsp salt
45ml/3 tbsp olive oil
45ml/3 tbsp lemon juice
1 large clove garlic, crushed
Good handful parsley, chopped
30ml/2tbsp mint, chopped
10ml/2 tsp chopped coriander
Freshly ground black pepper
4 large tomatoes, diced
¼ cucumber, finely diced
1 red pepper, finely diced
Handful of black or green olives, according to taste
1. Put bulgur in bowl & pour on boiling water.
2. Sprinkle with salt and stir.
3. Cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes or until it has absorbed all water and is soft.
4. Drizzle oil and lemon juice over bulgur.
5. Add herbs and good grinding of black pepper.
6. Add veggies and mix in.
7. Toss well, cover and chill for as long as possible.
8. Stud with olives and serve