On the Side
Southern Boy Dishes
Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Peach and Gorgonzola Crostini
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
(Adapted from Weber's New Real Grilling)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
4 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
16 baguette slices, 1/2 inch thick
Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
4 tablespoons honey
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and thyme. Set aside.
3. Brush peach halves and baguette slices on both sides with olive oil.
4. Place peach halves cut side down on grates or grill pan and grill for three to four minutes on each side. When the peaches are almost done, grill the bread slices for one minute on each side or until they are slightly browning.
5. Remove peaches and bread from the grill. Cut peach halves into four slices.
6. Spread cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Top each slice with two peach slices and Gorgonzola cheese. Drizzle each with honey.
Compliments of the Southern Boy Dishes website