Southern Boy Dishes
Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Crab Stuffed Shrimp
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Serving Size: 3 or 4 Shrimp
24 jumbo shrimp
1 pound lump crab meat
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 scallions, green part thinly sliced
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp leaving tail intact.
3. Cut slit in shrimp, as seen above.
4. Pick through crab meat to remove any shell fragments.
5. Combine crab meat, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, scallions, parsley, mayonnaise, and mustard. Do not over mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place shrimp on baking sheet. Form 1 inch balls and place on top of slit in shrimp as seen above.
7. Top each shrimp with panko breadcrumbs. Drizzle the top of each shrimp with melted butter.
8. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven. Heat oven in broiler mode. Place shrimp under broiler for 4-5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browning. Watch carefully so shrimp don't overcook.
9. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Compliments of the Southern Boy Dishes website