On the Side
Southern Boy Dishes
Share this Recipe on Facebook:
Print this recipe
| Smoked Tomato and Cheddar Grits
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
4 smoked Roma tomatoes, as described above
4 cloves roasted garlic, as described above
1 cup course ground white corn meal
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
1 cup processed tomato/garlic mixture
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 scallions, green part only, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Place tomatoes and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse until chunky but not liquified. Set aside
3. Bring milk, chicken stock, and tomatoes to a boil.
4. Add corn meal and stir constantly.
5. The grits will start thickening very quickly. If the mixture becomes too thick, add chicken stock until you get the right consistency.
6. After about 4 or 5 minutes, remove from the heat and add cheese and scallions.
7. Stir until the cheese is melted.
8. Serve immediately.
Compliments of the Southern Boy Dishes website